Friday, September 15, 2006

narcissus

Contemplating..



Contemplate;
[Late 16th century. From Latin contemplat- , past participle stem of contemplari “to observe carefully,” from templum “space for observing omens.”]



Contemplating marriage as a seemingly inevitable future.

What am I, married?
What is she, married?
Is there an I, married?

Where do problems and conflicts come from? Is it in the word "Couple" or the insistence on maintaining individuality?
I honestly want to maintain my individuality. Yet I need to be completed. Individuality's long hours seem to end when I realized that I am partially an individual. My individuality will only be completed when coupled with one.

I'm losing weight like crazy!
Its amazing.. I haven't stopped eating any of my favorite meals.. yet I'm losing weight. I guess its all about the amount. I mean why eat fried chicken everyday? or every other day? why not just one a week? It tastes better!
5 more kilos... then my life will change! dramatically..

What would change life?
Where does change come from?
I used to think that a change comes from the outside. Through experience I was proved wrong. I then thought that it comes from the outside as well as from the inside, that a change from the inside is dependant on the change from the outside. Again, I was proved wrong. Now I know for sure that the inside comes first and last. The outside will only reflect the inside eventually with time. If successful then people might think that change comes from without to affect the within. However if not successful in reflecting the inside; it will no longer matter for the inside will be immune against what the conscious mind used to perceive as "positive change". The conscious mind now sees beyond what the surronding society's forced beliefs about noble qualities.

I took Saturday off, and went to my Nutritionist (I guess I make him happy.. that he sees that whenever I come I've lost some good 3 to 5 kilos). Then went to the bookstore in KU... cheap discount books! amazing books! We looked very weird though.. we looked too old to be naive innocent freshmen; and too weirdly dressed to be teachers. Books so cheap! One book you'd find in Virgin, or Jarir or the family bookstore for like KD 5-6.. You can buy there for KD 2! Used books are just.. man! Now.. this book you'd normally find outside for nothing less than 15 dinars.. in KU, a brand new one would be around 7 dinars.. a used one (which isn't "abused") is 2.5 dinars!

Ah.. I should stop being cheap... I'm not a student anymore. I get paid now...

When I'm done contemplating marriage..
I think of this
Mobile? or iPod? Adobe Photoshop classes? or DSL?
They're all worth the same price..


Rasheed Al-Qundarchi (1880-1948) رشيد القندرچي
ألف و هلا بهالمقبل ... و منك يفوح العنبر



إلى النرجس في النفس
أحبكَ أبداً

welcome back Narcissus
powerful

7 Comments:

Blogger Shwaish said...

@@ ur married!!

buying books at a dicounted rate is not cheap, its just smart! but u know that already!

UR MARRIED!!!

2:08 AM  
Blogger felicityq8 said...

now, i know that my thoughts were right.... ;p

first hey hero, second, about my thoughts, yes.... when i was checking and visiting ur blogspot, and didnot find any topic since ur last one, i assumed right away, that u r preparimg a bomb.... well, metaphorically i was 100% right :D

u have mentioned 3-4 topics in one post, come on !!

u talkied about marriage, diet, changing ur self, then doing some visits to KU

i am really lost in which to start commenting on first ..

** marriage :
what a noble word it is ... ya ya .. and as u said ur individuality will be completed when it is coupled ;)

i know that most of guys now adays will not agree with me, because of the freedome they will lose as soon as they get married, however it is untrue...

**about the diet and losing weight issue:

lucky u wallah... i am feling jealous now :(
LOOL just kidding, good for u wallah for having this spirit to go to a Nutritionist,and keeping ur weight ..

** inside vs. outside:
hmmm, u have brought up some points, about when should u start changing ??

ppl always thinking of the outside, new look , and all these issues , thinking that they will leave good impressions ... however it is the opposite, coz the happy - good soul is the essence of ur outside appearence, and as soon as u changed it, it will be obviouse and noticeable to others through ur outside ...

** KU:

it is funny that i am writing this comment while i am sitting on the pc of ku library ;D

unfortunatly , most of the students in ku never try or even take a look at the book in here, unless they have a course or they have to buy a book for specific prof.

u r right it is cheaper than other libraries, plus they have good topics and authors ...


well, gotta go now, coz i have a lecture in 15 min, and no need to remind u of the insane , crazy , unbearable drivers in traffic jam now...

wish u the best .... and wish me luck , and back to home in safe, and as a whole ;p

p.s forgive my spelling misatkes , coz i didnot have the time to check them ;)

2:32 AM  
Blogger antihero said...

Princess...

I am not married! allah yaster laykon you spread the word that I am.. breaking the hearts of many little girls who have my pictures all over their walls :P

9:32 AM  
Blogger antihero said...

Felicity

why should one stick one topic only in a post :D i just like to a5eth ra7ti o ahather :P

The idea of individuality is not fully comprehended these days. People feel alone because they have not found their true self; else why would one be bored of being around a true individual self within him/herself?

I was always able to find great info in the library.. they have some good books.. yet its still not that good. But overall..it is good.
And honestly.. real readers should be the readers of the faculty of arts.. yet you don't see them using the bookstore or the library for that. only few do what i and my friends do.. use the bookstore :P
Faculty of arts students should be involved in creative thinking.. thus read more and have a thing for reading..but only few do that.. the rest are.. well :D

9:42 AM  
Blogger felicityq8 said...

hehehhe ,, u remind me of the 2 years i spet in faculty of arts... what a lovely days they were...

u r right, students of adab or arts should read more,to be more critigue and thinkers.. however they donot..

i remember a course called " essay writing " i took it with prof. may alnaqip .. it turned my life up side down,, it's title has nothing to do with the course, coz it was about being an active person rather than a passive one, teaches u how to think and open ur mind to issues which u r not aware of... loved it wallah

anyways, good for u that u went back there, and tried to not tskip it .... so welcome back to the university life ;)

1:02 PM  
Blogger antihero said...

May elnaqib is a very good teacher.. she knows how to teach. She picks topics and discusses them in a way that touches you on a personal level. I was influenced by her choice of readings in two courses I've taken with her.

She's a graduate of Brown University.. a very prestigious university.. and she deserves it.

1:47 PM  
Blogger felicityq8 said...

indeed she is the best, of course after Lamees albustan ( my love ) ;P

then comes Ebtehal 3bdalaziz ...

u took classes with her?? that means u r not that old as u have mentioned earlier in this post ;)

good luck dear :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home