Monday, August 28, 2006

blue series


Why didn't anyone bother to tell me that we have Garlic Ketchup in Kuwait! I can't believe you people! Sometimes I wonder why people can't just say such things.. "hey.. did you know that they now sell such and such?".. I'd love to hear more about the latest in the supermarkets. You people better tell me if something cool like this hits the market! I would tell my friends about it! Although I stopped doing that after I got many responses.. the worst of them being the harsh, bitter and indifferent "So..?"


That's one..
Now why on earth would they ban Silver Marlboro! Malboro Ultralights! I know for sure that this became the most popular brand among smokers the first day it was released in Kuwaiti markets.. WHY is it banned now! I mean I can understand banning Menthol, but Ultralights are so popular! And its relatively ... (clears throat).. healthier(?)

I, currently in a mood for old Iranian songs and music, am listening to Marzieh. Inspiring lively old music. The good thing about old music is the fact that it was spontaneous and you could even hear them shout things at players or some of them not playing the notes right for a second, or even the singer might forget the lyrics.. sooooooo very spontaneous and beautiful. Its like you're there; one more thing and that's the amazing thing.. no computerized music! No computer-enhanced voices!
Nowadays, they can have the violinist on a day to play the notes... then comes the oud player.. then the drums.. then at the end.. the singer would come with the music recorded and that's it! Is it the same.. when you are there when the music is played and you listen to it.. and get all emotional and sing with the music? is it not better when the musicians are there interacting with the singer? There's no contact between the two nowadays.. that's why I hate it.. (unless it was private recordings from parties and such).
Marzieh!

I should write more
I started on a project to write a series of stories involving a very surreal and blue image; hopefully a disturbing one. Yet I could not find the time to do so. Its not really about time.. I have time to write this.. its just I never can get in the right mood to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home