Sunday, September 03, 2006

عادل شهودي

I had breakfast in Jean's Grill, the waterfront, the other day. I got to see old friends, (not really friends.. and how could they be old friends? they're either friends or not.. friends don't get outdated!), some of them got bad jobs, other got not so bad job, some (like me) got miserable jobs.. well its only me who got that.

Well... Silver Marlboro is back in the market..
Capitalist bastards... STOP TOYING WITH US!

I was asked to prepare something about Naguib Mahfouz by next Monday to be presented in the Writers Union; I don't know what to write about really.

Enjoying; Listening to Hassan Al-Malawani. I don't know much about him really, but I love these old "adwar". Its so soothing; opening with a Turkish composition, a solo on Qanun then gently surprised with a moving, tranquilizing mawwal. A moment of silence after an intense intercourse of instruments on Maqams, disturbed ecstatically then with an organized sad yet optimistic cry of instruments to open a "door".


"et tu Brute?"

I'm going to go through my mobile phone contacts and look up some old friends and make new friends out of them. I guess I cannot trust anyone these days; I'm a paranoid. Distrust is comfortable though. Blindly accepting friends and trusting them is actual blindness; I'd rather live with paranoia than be stabbed at the back.

"et tu Brute?"

Few come to my mind, that I can give 90% of my trust; that's just two people. I may consider a third. People whom I have no doubt about their maturity and understanding. Others around me I cannot trust for they always show me how unworhty of trust they are. Have you tried it before? I, upon knowing of a horrible betrayal, like Caesar, give up and fight not back.
If you give your whole world to friends; what is to be left if you're betrayed?
I regret giving other people more than50% of my trust; some in fact I foolishly gave more than 70% of trust.
And you learn more everyday oh poor antihero

Saleh Effendi Abdul-Hay (1896 - 1962) صالح أفندي عبد الحي

عصر الهوى و الجمال ... ودعـته لـيه يـا فـؤادي
قـال شفت حـبي ده مـال ... فاتني و راح للأعادي

شمت حسودي و خان عهودي
و عادل شهودي , تشهد عليه

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home