Sunday, July 22, 2007

يمكن

I was going through my old emails
I was into e-pals.. had lots of friends from all over the world and won many great friends that for some reason are now "old" friends. Fawn, an American well-read artist and photographer who used to complain about the dull life she was living in her parents house and how unappreciated are her gifts and talents. Last I talked to her was probably a year and a half ago, she was well into a good relationship with a Cuban guy who shares lots of her interests and is himself as I understood an artist... she was finally living the Bohemian life she dreamt of..





I have always picked the ones who show intelligence. Dull conversations don't attract me; especially those which start with questions about the weather and time difference. I befriended painters, photographers, musicians, writers, and one very talented Belgian girl who spoke many languages in addition to her astonishing musical and dramatic talents (a cellist, an actress, and a vocalist for a relatively small Metal band).


I now see them occassionally online.





I found this email dated


Fri 11/28/03








Dear ***** :P

I just have one question for you :P today..at 7:43 p.m,on the wooden chair,at the junction of ma7al called CHIPIE,LEGO,& on the back of HALL MARK,
i saw a guy,sitting there,on the chair:P that wooden chair,sar7an,eyti6ammash 3ala erray7een willi radeen,all by himself

if he only paid ATTENTION to the girl looking at him,he would've seen her face to face,& in real life,a girl he knew for more than a year:P a girl he teased over & over :P

bss ma77ad gallik sar7an :P,i looked,turned my head,then LOOKED again,:P

till i see you on-line,......:P:P:P:P:P

yalla salaaaam












**** censored, not to reveal my secret identity which 80% of my readers already know.. but oh well I like the sound of it.





I get to loathe mankind everyday.



I got back to the Quran-recitation circle. We meet every Tuesday in some mosque.. I like big mosques during the quiet hours.



A shot I took in rehearsals of the band.


In other news... I saw the video of Encounters, East meets West thingie.. I don't know what to call it really.. a poetry evening, or a performance.. whatever it is.. it was good in itself. However as I just said, when I saw the video I realized how sucky my movement was. Yes my voice was clear and only 2 others had such a good voice, probably due to some theatre training. Overall it was good and I got offers to do other works related to reading poetry.. or rather "dramatically" read poetry.





يا حية يم راسين
طبي بجدرهم
سمّي لي أهل البيت
خلي بنتهم
يمكن
يمكن
يمكن
يمكن
يمكن
منعوه هله
يمكن


منعوه هله






13 Comments:

Blogger Deema said...

hi!
this image took in AL-Maidan cultural centre! i'm a member there (never been in another place than the audience side though)

wow! amazing amazing photo!!
and if you're new to the profession,then you're talented!
you have a different perspective to "vision" :)

3:52 PM  
Blogger antihero said...

deema

Thanks deema :)
but c'mon there must be something wrong with this photo. I took it using my sony phone, the cyber-shot camera is good but i'm going to get myself a professional nikon camera and get to learn through trial and error.

thanks :)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Deema said...

get a digital SLR, i have the film camera(nikonSLR with micro lens) but the seller in bo shihry told me that even slide films are going to be ran out of stock :(......... i love the manual stuff and i like developing in the lab, but all that will vanish soon thanks to digital world. bick the focal length band wisely.

12:39 PM  
Blogger antihero said...

I got a minolta hi-matic AF2 camera that I got from my father. Its a good old-fashioned camera I heard and one photographer offered to buy it. But good thing I know the value of such things. I still keep it and will eventually use it when I get to know how to use such a camera properly :D

I'd love to be able to develop films and have everything done manually.. that's real art. But oh well..

I'm thinking something within my price range.. the nikon D40X
is it good? a famous photographer i know however suggested D70 and that series... the D80 is in the market now i guess. But I have a limited budget that's the problem.

:)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Navy Girl said...

I’m surprised :P you always tend to speak with that very low pitch sometimes I don’t even hear you ! :P I wana see that thingy :P


What the hell about that snake with two heads thingy !!! gotta say this .. you lost it .. too much work ??

1:54 PM  
Blogger antihero said...

navy girl

you should expect me to be able to do anything :P

its an old iraqi song.. supposed to mean something for some people.. elli 3ala rasah ba67ah..but don't worry its not you :P

3:17 PM  
Blogger Deema said...

hmm well i think the one you're aiming for is really good it , it has a wide zoom span, naut maybe in very bright days it may get too bright, coz the apreture is between 3.5 and 5.6...
bas i think it's just fine,
take care of your minolta and try it with slide film(if you want to shoot outside, you should go for slide film with 100 iso) (if you want to like shoot in an overcast or inside you better get 400iso)

have fun with it coz after a little while it will all end :P

mmm and i also recommend the f100

you can find good reviews in this site:
www.bhphoto.com

5:29 AM  
Blogger antihero said...

Thanks Deema :) great info and tips..

thanks

12:47 PM  
Blogger Deema said...

ur welcome
:)
btw, my father taught us this song looong ago and i never thought there are still people knowing it :D

12:57 PM  
Blogger Navy Girl said...

ambeeh the song is hilarious !! i have no idea where do you come up with them .. what !!! is it 100 years old :P

2:30 PM  
Blogger antihero said...

no its no older than 60 years old or so... 5allech enti 7g Ricky Martin .. 5al ynfa3ech :P

10:25 PM  
Blogger Navy Girl said...

heeeey !! I thought u said that you like him too :P

5:12 AM  
Blogger Deema said...

hey i know it is an old post but it is within the subject, coz i got a digital SLR and i knew about the d40x, well it is fine but the lens is more into wide angle, if you like to get perspective shots it would be fine but the image will have a fish eye effect as you get closer and closer :)

but i tried it it is fine i was so close to take it.. but after a second thought.... i took the D80x, but not for much it is only that i like flat images more than the round ones, ooo ba3ad the d80 gives more span in its lens thats all.. you can always change the lens anyways so good luck .. and i hope my comment isn't too late :P

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home